Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the home of Viral's Modifications. We hope you enjoy your visit.

This forum is used for support and feedback purposes only. All modifications can also be found on the official site.

Username:   Password:
mQuote [-] mQuote [+]
Add Reply
Edit / Delete all Posts & Topics by User; Remove 1,000s of posts in just a few clicks!
Topic Started: Aug 19 2014, 12:23 AM (2,456 Views)
Viral
Member Avatar
Administrator
Name: Edit / Delete all Posts & Topics by User
Description: This adds the option for all admins to edit/ delete all topics and posts by any user. This can be used to mass delete a user's posts if they have requested it, or more commonly to prune all posts and topics by a spambot by a few clicks of a button. You are given the option to differentiate between topics with replies, and topics without replies. This allows you to 'save' topics which have replies from other users as deleting a topic would normally delete those replies as well.
Preview: Please see this video: http://screencast.com/t/lFfZqHBW12YZ
Price: $3 USD
Viral
ZetaBoard's Dynamo Developer
MEng Aeronautical Engineering @ Imperial College London

>> CULTURAL JETTISON <<
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kankuro
Member Avatar
ぱ ぺっと ますたあ
Nice, I currently don't have a use for it but if my board picks up I'm sure I will.

Viral
Member Avatar
Administrator
Thank you. Yes, it's a very situational modification, hence the low price. Probably one of the more advanced/ complicated codes I've had to work on though, as there's a lot of security issues to take into account when creating something like this.

It's a very useful feature to deter spam bots though, so I hope some forums find some use in this.
Viral
ZetaBoard's Dynamo Developer
MEng Aeronautical Engineering @ Imperial College London

>> CULTURAL JETTISON <<

Kankuro
Member Avatar
ぱ ぺっと ますたあ
Viral
Aug 19 2014, 12:33 AM
Thank you. Yes, it's a very situational modification, hence the low price. Probably one of the more advanced/ complicated codes I've had to work on though, as there's a lot of security issues to take into account when creating something like this.

It's a very useful feature to deter spam bots though, so I hope some forums find some use in this.
Support could really use it lol.
I know this will be useful though, a few weeks ago somebody requested a code to prevent use of certain words due to spambots bombarding their board.

Nox13last
Member Avatar

I'd like to personally weigh in as someone who has purchased and used this mod.

It's pretty damn useful.

For reference, there'll be a new menu item under Profile Options (the hover-down box on a profile page) that bears the function. The mod asks just how what kinds of information you want to change/obliterate, then a stack of pleasing progress bars appear and then "Completed". For getting rid of these damnedable Nike spam posts, you could eradicate a spambot's whole afternoon of effort in about six seconds.

It would obviously work the same if you had a troublemaking member or whatever, but my forum isn't populous enough to take advantage of proper wholesale erasure. That said, this is well worth the three bucks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Premium Modifications · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme by Symbiote & Foxx of Outline