Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the home of Viral's Modifications. We hope you enjoy your visit.

This forum is used for support and feedback purposes only. All modifications can also be found on the official site.

Username:   Password:
mQuote [-] mQuote [+]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Top 'x' Statistics & Feeds
Topic Started: Sep 22 2014, 03:53 PM (6,016 Views)
Viral
Member Avatar
Administrator
Name: Top 'x' Statistics & Feeds
Description: Adds a table to the forum which shows various different statistics and board feeds (aka modules, or sections). The modules available are:
  • Overall Top Posters
    • Username
    • Group
    • Last Activity

• Today's Top Posters
    • Username
    • Percentage of Posts Made Today

• Newest Members
    • Username
    • Group
    • Last Activity

• Most Recently Active Members (a.k.a last online)
    • Username
    • Group
    • Last Activity

• Newest Replies
    • Topic Title
    • Username
    • Number of Replies

• Active Topics
    • Topic Title
    • Topic Starter
    • Forum
    • Number of Replies
    • Number of Views
    • Topic Info (last post date, and member who posted)

Admins can disable any of the sections (and sub-sections), or just set them so they don't show by default. In the table, there is a settings panel where members can then configure the settings for themselves. For example, if an admin turned "Active Topics" off by default, a member can go to the panel and turn it on, and then set it so under this section it shows "Topic Title" and "Topic Starter". Your settings can be configured separately across different devices, so on your small-screen smartphone you could enable only one section instead of three, for example. There is a "reset all" link in the settings panel which will reset all settings to whatever the Admin has set as default.

There is a refresh button which refreshes all sections (and shows some loading text during the process). Alternatively, you can just click the section name to refresh just one section instead of them all (each section also has a loading symbol).

There is also a collapse/ expand button, similar to what forums have. Members can collapse the table if they do not want to see the statistics and expand it again at a later date if they wish. Again, this is device specific - so you can collapse the table on smart phones, and expand it on your laptop (for example). Admins set the table to either expand or collapse by default.

Finally, you can also move the table from the top of the page to the bottom of the page, and vice versa. Admins can choose where the table appears by default.

As you can see, Admins have a lot of control over the default settings of the table - its position, whether its collapsed/ expanded, which modules to show and hide (or even disable). Admins can also change the titles of all sections (and their sub-sections), the loading text, refresh text, title and even how many rows should be shown. For example, you could set the title to "Top 10 Statistics" and tell the table to show 10 rows of data instead of 5.

Information: This is the only working "Top 'x' Statistics" code available for ZetaBoards now after a recent update caused all similar codes to stop working. The code has also been set up to add extra modules for different statistics and feeds. This option is there for developers to maximise the usefulness of this modification.

Preview: The modification has been installed on this forum. All sections and sub-sections have been enabled, but some have been turned off by default. Feel free to mess around in the settings panel to see how it works. Of course, in your own version you can disable some sections and sub-sections completely if you wish. The preview on this board has been set to show '5' rows of statistics, appear at the top and be expanded (by default).

Price: $7 USD
Viral
ZetaBoard's Dynamo Developer
MEng Aeronautical Engineering @ Imperial College London

>> CULTURAL JETTISON <<
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WingNut125
Member Avatar

I think I'll be spending some money on this later :)

WingNut125
Member Avatar

Ok, maybe I'm being a complete moron here, but where/how do I buy this? I just bought Premium and figured it would be somewhere on that page and after clicking around I found this: http://viralsmods.com/zb but it isn't on there either. Am I missing something?

Viral
Member Avatar
Administrator
Sorry, I hadn't gotten around to adding it to the website. I'll do it later today :) . (I'll also get premium onto your account ASAP - having some internet problems in my 'new' flat...)

EDIT: Could you fill this form out for the premium payment so I can add it to your forum?

EDIT: Added onto the website: http://viralsmods.com/zb .
Edited by Viral, Sep 25 2014, 05:51 PM.
Viral

>> CULTURAL JETTISON <<

WingNut125
Member Avatar

I have now filled out the form :)

I filled out the form for the stats feature as well :)
Edited by WingNut125, Sep 25 2014, 06:13 PM.

Viral
Member Avatar
Administrator
Thanks, everything is set up for you, PMed you with the installation instructions.
Viral

>> CULTURAL JETTISON <<

Kankuro
Member Avatar
ぱ ぺっと ますたあ
This seems to be broken now. I'm guessing the update caused it.
It won't stop loading the Newest Replies or the page.

Also recently Active displays nothing.
http://prntscr.com/4qd0nz

Viral
Member Avatar
Administrator
It will be fixed once Brandon fixes the portal page. Nothing to worry about.
Viral

>> CULTURAL JETTISON <<

Kankuro
Member Avatar
ぱ ぺっと ますたあ
Viral
Sep 26 2014, 01:52 AM
It will be fixed once Brandon fixes the portal page. Nothing to worry about.
Fixed.

WingNut125
Member Avatar

I have this installed now and it's awesome! The users love it too, just need to figure out exactly what settings to use now :)

One question though: Is there a reason that there aren't as many configurable options for the Newest Replies as there are for Active Topics?

This is also a really minor thing, but is there a reason that the number of replies for one is "# Replies" and the other is just "Replies"?
Edited by WingNut125, Sep 26 2014, 05:54 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Premium Modifications · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Symbiote & Foxx of Outline